Our client is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steel making coal, zinc and energy.
They are currently seeking an individual in the role of:
Maintenance Planning Lead for their Interior BC location.
This position reports to the Maintenance Improvement Superintendent, the Maintenance Planning Lead will prepare and coordinate the planning and scheduling processes for new or existing programs as well as, support the integration of these processes into each of the coal operations.
- Lead the development of maintenance planning and scheduling processes for our client, in alignment with business objectives for safety and production
- Lead the business development and implementation of the Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) to provide effective system tools and work processes
- Liaise with Daxeam support and Information Systems in the identification, troubleshooting and testing of problems with the current systems
- Lead in the development of the training materials and assist in moving planners and schedulers to the skill level required to carry out the processes
- Provide maintenance planning/scheduling support to seven coal operations with inclusion of stakeholders (Operations, Processing, Materials Procurement, Vendors) including forecasting and project management of cost data
- Coordinate best practice planning and scheduling requirements and guidelines and assist in mine wide implementation
- Communicate with site representatives, contractor representatives, and materials suppliers as required to analyze requirements, provide in-depth troubleshooting, document solutionsand ease transition for changes and enhancements
- Develop standard practices for safe work execution through detailed Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) documentation and compliance with all company permitting and procedures
- Work with Reliability Engineering, Operations and maintenance personnel to analyze requirements, provide in-depth troubleshooting, document solutions and ease transition for changes and enhancements
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in engineering or a maintenance related discipline; equivalent related education and experience in systems management will also be considered
- Minimum 8 years of progressively senior level experience in a mine maintenance environment
- Strong computer skills in basic programming and the Microsoft Office® package
- Familiarity with maintenance processes and reliability system software is an asset, with several years’ experience using a recognized CMMS
- Industrial experience in planning, scheduling and planning process management
Self-motivated, responsible individual who is able to function in a varied environment that includes interaction with multi-disciplined individuals on the shop floor, other departments, contractors and vendors
Our client offers an excellent salary and benefits package. The organization is committed to work life balance and offers staff alternate work schedules such as an Earned Day Off schedule, making every second weekend three days long.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically to Alisha Damani at PAUL ALEXANDER TMC. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.